7 Reasons You Need to Hire a Marketing Consultant Now!
What is your biggest Marketing challenge? For most it boils down to accountability - you know what needs to be done, but doing it is another story. Is it time to hire outside help? Maybe, and maybe not...
It's so easy to get stuck, isn't it? We go about our lives, doing our work, pretty much on auto-pilot, and before we know it we're stuck. Nothing is growing or changing or progressing; we've just been doing the same things day in and day out for weeks, months, and years hoping that miraculously things will change and all our dreams will come true.
Well, the sad truth is nothing is going to change unless we do something to make it change. Maybe that means hiring help: an accountant, a bookkeeper a salesperson, an assistant, or... a Marketing Consultant. Not sure a marketing consultant is right for you? Here are some tips to help you decide.
Top 7 Reasons You Need a Marketing Consultant ...Now!
- Nothing is working. Newspaper ads, yellow pages, direct mail, social media, and networking. You’re doing it all, yet you still don’t have all the business you want or need and your pipeline is empty. You're out of ideas, out of leads and at the end of your rope..
- You need accountability. You've read all the marketing books, attended seminars, and maybe even hired someone to help in the past. You know the basics of marketing, you just haven’t committed the time and energy into creating a cohesive system to make it work. You know you need help: someone who can give you direction and hold you accountable. Having someone to gently nudge you, someone to answer to who will force you to do the things you know need to be done to take your business to the next level.
- You want objective feedback. Your friends and colleagues have been great for stroking your ego. But you know all your ideas aren't that great. If they were, you’d be a millionaire. You need someone who is going to be objective. Someone who will constructively lead you in the right direction and offer a fresh perspective to your ideas. This objectivity will nudge you out of your rut and point out the areas you can improve upon; in all aspects of your business.
- You don’t have time to do all the marketing research on your own. You are an expert in your industry. You can’t possibly be a marketing expert tool. Marketing is a skill, it's a set of tools and experience and knowledge - and it takes hard work, and TIME to do it right. You value your time and know it’s better spent on other aspects of your business where you can reap a higher return. Why not hire someone who does Marketing for a living as well as you do what you do? Imagine the things you could achieve!
- You don’t have a marketing plan. You've been doing your marketing kind of haphazardly. Doing a little here and there with no cohesive plan or strategy in place. It’s not working. You know that in order to make it work there has to be some consistency and process behind it. A marketing professional can help you develop a system for your marketing – and stick to it.
- You aren't ready to hire a full time marketing staff. Yes, it would be nice to have an entire department devoted to growing your business, but that's an expense and a responsibility you aren't quite ready for...yet! So why not hire a contractor to do it for you? Someone who can help you drive strategy and handle all the details? Someone who can do the research, give creative input, recruit the right resources, and put it all together in a nice tidy little system for you that will be manageable in the long-term?
- Waiting is costing your money. How much Time, Money, and Resources do you waste on all the wrong marketing tactics? Really - this isn't a rhetorical question, sit down and figure it out. I will bet you 2o dollars that in the long run, hiring a consultant will bring your more sales, yield you higher profit, and reduce waste. How many more months are you going to pay for those ads that may or may not be bringing you business????
Have you thought about hring your own Marketing Manager, but havent't yet?
If so, what has held you back?
If you have hired someone what made you take the leap and what has your experience been? Let us know - we'd love to hear from you!
Learn more about the author, Carolyn Higgins.
Comment on this article
No one has posted a comment yet. Be the first!
- marketing consultant
- marketing plan
- strategic marketing