There are many people who engage in social media without actually achieving anything. If used frivolously, social media can waste time. However, if used strategically, it can increase your business tremendously.
The following information is presented to help you to use social media more productively and successfully for your business.
- Manage your blog comments and replies all at once.
- Put yourself on a blog time schedule and stick to it. The more you keep on schedule, the more efficient you will be.
- Write your blog topics down in advance. This will help you to stay organized.
- Try to easily identify important and meaningful points in the blog articles that you read.
- Make use of social bookmarking sites so that you can save blog posts that are important to you and that you want to go back to in the future.
- Ask your connections for introductions to people in their networks. This is a great way to connect with potential customers in an efficient and quick manner.
- Make sure that you update your LinkedIn page often. If you don’t, people may think that you are either no longer at your company or no longer in your industry. You won’t need to devote a lot of time to accomplishing this.
- Don’t accept invitations to connect with people with whom you have no relationship. As is mentioned in the Twitter section below, go for quality, not quantity. The more connections you have, the more you need to manage, which eats away at your time. It is not valuable enough just to say that you have hundreds of connections if only a small percentage of those are people you know and trust.
- Go for quality, not quantity. It is one thing to have a huge number of followers on Twitter. It is quite another thing to have followers who you can help and who can help you.
- Learn to quickly go through tweets and easily identify the messages and links that are important to you.
- Try to stay away from direct messages because you can be hit with large amounts of spam if you are following a large number of people.
- Customize your Twitter lists to help you to become organized with the people you follow.
- Use tools to help you shorten the URL of the articles that you are reading without having to exit the page.
- Try not to set up too many Facebook groups or pages because they become difficult to manage.
- Link Facebook with your Twitter account so that you can post directly on Facebook when you tweet.
- Stay away from Facebook games because they can become addictive and your productivity will take a nose dive.
- Make sure that all of your Facebook settings are private to avoid becoming a target of spammers and marketers.
Other social media sites
- If you are not an experienced blogger, you can use www.Posterous.com to assist you in composing and posting blog articles on multiple social media sites by Email.
- Become comfortable with different Twitter apps, which will greatly improve your productivity.
- Find out which social media sites work for you and stick with them.
- Create a daily list of to-do items, which will keep you organized with a variety of activities that you feel are important on the various social networks.
- Always try to come up with new ways to be productive in using social media.
Hopefully, you have found the tips on how to be more productive on social media useful. If you employ some or all of the tips, you will find that your business is more productive and that you are getting a lot more work accomplished than before.
No one has posted a comment yet. Be the first!