With the numerous books being published on social media marketing, intense media coverage and more people joining sites such as Facebook and Twitter than ever before, it is obvious that many of us are hungry for social media materials.
With more people adopting the use of social media channels, the need for new resources that will help us utilize them in a more effective manner is great. Obviously for myself, it is extremely encouraging that so many people are eager to learn before they act, rather than just plow blindly ahead. It is extremely encouraging in fact.
With that said, I wanted to share a useful list with you. This list focuses on the social media blogs that I suggest you look into. As these are well-known, they may have appeared on other lists, but who cares - they have great information that you should look into!
The blogs below are not only informative, but they offer great tutorials on new and existing social media tools, talk about the latest technological advances, offer free downloads....and can be pretty entertaining at times.
So without further ado, here is my own personal list of favorites blogs (in no particular order):
(To get to the link, simply type a dot com after the blog name)...
- Mashable: This is my top favorite. A great blog with loads of content and so many updates it only makes sense to subscribe to the RSS feed or be left behind. No nonsense advice, lots of fresh perspectives and multiple bloggers make this one a slam dunk in my opinion.
- Chrisbrogan: If you have read the amazing "Trust Agents" (which I absolutely love and endorse 100 percent) then this is the blog behind one of the authors - Chris Brogan. Great blog, great information and written in an engaging conversational style.
- SocialMediaToday: Another site in the same vein as Mashable, with comprehensive content written by many different authors. This is another one with so many regular updates it's a smart idea to subscribe to the RSS feed.
- blog.guykawasaki: Terrific blog from the ever-present Guy Kawasaki. He talks about anything and everything from upcoming tech conferences to how to build iPhone applications. Always an enjoyable read and his positivity is catchy.
- Rashmisinha: I like this one as it really dives into more technical subjects and discusses them in an easy to understand way. Worth a look for sure.
- Techcrunch: Are you more interested in the latest applications, toys and software to make the online experience more enjoyable? Then this is the blog for you. A clean and clear design and "regular folk" language make this a must-read for anyone who wants to stay up to date with the latest technology.
- SethGodin.typepad: The wonderful blog of Seth Godin author of more books on marketing and sales than you can shake a stick at, most recently the bestseller "Tribes". I enjoy Seth's take on the social media and his posts are always well written, witty and full of takeaways.
The following links can be linked to directly without a dot com...
- www.ma.tt Another extremely interesting blog with one heck of a blog design. Matt Mullenweb (aka PhotoMatt) dishes the dirt on many topics and is heavy on video, pictures and great content. Worth a look to see if it is a good fit for you.
- www.altimetergroup.com/blog This offers a holistic approach to emerging technologies (which I am a huge supporter of). If you liked the book "Groundswell" this blog will be right up your street.
Now, let's remember that these are just some of my favorites. What are yours? What sites do you get the best information from? Please share them with me! Also, let me know what you think about the sites I suggested. I would be interested to hear your take on them!