Was this article helpful?
Six Advantages of Installing a Sod Lawn
-Installing a sod lawn has several advantages over growing grass seed. Seeding the soil and growing is a process taking time, patience, and a lot of tender loving care – vs. – getting instant satisfaction by installing a sod lawn.
Installing a sod lawn has several advantages over growing grass seed. Seeding the soil and growing is a process taking time, patience, and a lot of tender loving care – vs. – getting instant satisfaction by installing a sod lawn. Visit WashingtonLawns.com to learn more... If a lawn is tired, mostly thin grass and lots of weeds, needing renovation, or even if no lawn at all, here are six reasons to consider installing a sod lawn:
1) A sod lawn produces a finished lawn immediately and it is instantly attractive. Sure this sounds like vanity, but let’s face it, what is wanted is a lawn capable of being the envy of friends and neighbors alike. This is the quickest way to a spring Bar-B-Q on a warm sunny day. Plus Builders and homeowners both appreciate the instant lawn as it eliminates the prospect of mud during the many weeks it takes for a grass seed lawn to become established.
2) A sod lawn costs less. Seriously, while sod seems initially more expensive at the start, it saves money. Growing a lawn from seed requires time and money spent on weed control, extra fertilization, and over seeding newly seeded lawns in their second season.
3) A sod lawn is healthier because it is grown professionally. Sod enjoys the best soil, regular fertilization, and generous watering for strong root development. This goes back to point two on why installing a sod lawn cost a bit more upfront. It also helps explains why a sod lawn is a strong foundation for a beautiful green lawn for years to come.
4) Sod makes for a denser lawn. Grass plants are sown close together so there are no bare spots and reseeding is not necessary.
5) Sod has no weeds. The new turf has no weeds because it is professionally grown. Not only that, the density of the sod discourages weed seed germination, minimizing the need to use herbicides in the future.
6) Sod prevents soil erosion. Sod prevents the erosion of precious topsoil in lawn areas that are sloped or hilly. It is an immediate solution to rain runoff and other drainage problems common in bare soil.
Everyone wants a beautiful green lawn. Not only does an attractive lawn give a home / property really great curb appeal, a healthy lawn is also part of the charm of what makes a house a home.
Installing a sod lawn should be a consideration for anyone needing a new lawn renovation or restoration. This is especially true when evalutating the overall long term cost of keeping a lawn beautiful. These dollars add up when including the time added to care for a lawn's needs when starting from seed. Sod lawns eliminate costs by elimaniting the immediate TLC a newly seeded lawn requires. Whether you're a home owner, property manager, real estate broker / agent, contractor, HOA, or Condo Association, sod is a great way to increase the curb appeal and overall value of a property.
--- Written by Bryan Fosmark
Edited & Published by Zak Venturo of Homecliq.com
Learn more about the author, Bryan Fosmark.
Comment on this article
No one has posted a comment yet. Be the first!
- lawn care
- sod installation
- sod lawn
- grass seed
- grass restoration