Elisabeth Kuhn
Online Marketing Consultant & Copywriter
Richmond, Virginia
8.7

Teleseminar Strategies - Three Reasons Why Teleseminars and Webinars Can Help You Get More Clients

Do you wish you looked more like the go-to person for the services or the products you offer? Hosting your own teleseminars and webinars can help you accomplish just that - and attract more clients to you as well.
Written Apr 02, 2012, read 1308 times since then.

Are you trying to get more clients and it's not working as well as you'd like? Maybe you need to look more like the go-to person for the services or products you offer.

The good news is that teleseminars and webinars can help you accomplish just that - and help you get more clients too. Here are three ways in which teleseminars and webinars can make you look like the expert that you really are and help you grow your business:

1) You get to demonstrate your expertise

During a webinar or a teleseminar, you get to demonstrate your expertise. The people on the other side of the line are there because they want the information you have to offer, and if you do a good job providing that information, you'll create a strong connection with them.

And here's the best thing: the people who actually show up for your teleseminar or webinar are also your ideal prospects. They're a VERY targeted audience. They want what you have to offer.

So if you do things right, they'll want more - and if you create a good follow-up offer, they're likely to take you up on it.

2) You create a personal connection with your audience

When you're on the phone with someone, you create a personal connection. People feel like they know you, and if you host teleseminars regularly, they'll start feeling like you're their new best friend. Not only that, but it also creates greater trust.

You see, anyone can have special reports or even books ghostwritten and then sell them online. But being there with them on the phone and talk with them is real. You really ARE the expert, and you own the information that you share with your audience.

3) You increase your visibility through advertising your teleseminar event

The fact that you're hosting a teleseminar event alone makes you look like an expert. But there's a very cool extra perk...

There are places where you can advertise or rather "announce" your upcoming teleseminar, and those places do show up on the search engines! So when people start looking for your name, there will be all those listings announcing your teleseminar!

Of course, this also works with webinars, and most of those places announce both. Most of those places are even free. Others offer premium options. Either way, they make you look good and increase your standing in the online world.

In addition, they will also help build your list! While they're not the world's most productive list building tools, the cumulative effect of regularly announcing your events in the various venues will contribute to your visibility and name recognition, and it will bring you new prospects - and highly targeted ones!

So you see that teleseminars or webinars have lots of perks. Not only will they help you get people on the phone that you might be able to sell to later on, but they make you look good all around. And the more you look like the expert you are, the more you'll attract clients who want to do business with you.

Learn more about the author, Elisabeth Kuhn.

• Certified Cat Behavior Consultant
Nashville, Tennessee
Pam Johnson-Bennett, CCBC
    Posted by Pam Johnson-Bennett, CCBC, Nashville, Tennessee | Apr 05, 2012

Found your article very helpful, thank you. What types of sites advertise webinars and tele-seminars? I haven't seen any.

• Online Marketing Consultant & Copywriter
Richmond, Virginia
Elisabeth Kuhn
    Posted by Elisabeth Kuhn, Richmond, Virginia | Apr 05, 2012

Hi Pam,

Thanks for your feedback! I'm glad you found my article helpful.

About the actual sites that advertise the webinars and teleseminars? I guess that'll be my next article ;-)

Here are some to get you started:

(The last one requires you to email the seminar information according to their specifications. They send two emails/week to their list with the teleseminar info they received).

A lot of them offer upgrade options too...

Hope this helps.

Elisabeth

• Certified Cat Behavior Consultant
Nashville, Tennessee
Pam Johnson-Bennett, CCBC
    Posted by Pam Johnson-Bennett, CCBC, Nashville, Tennessee | Apr 05, 2012

Elisabeth, thank you for taking the time to post these. Very much appreciated. Looking forward to your next article.

• Presentation Consultant
Bothell, Washington
Arturo Tolentino
    Posted by Arturo Tolentino, Bothell, Washington | Apr 05, 2012

Thank you for your article and the info on the webinar and teleseminar sites. It was very informative. I would like to learn more about this. Do you have a tutorial on how to set these up? Thanks. Artie

• Interior Designer & Coach
Kirkland, Washington
Nancy Meadows
    Posted by Nancy Meadows, Kirkland, Washington | Apr 06, 2012

Thanks, Elizabeth. This is the year I'm going to dive into teleseminars and webinars. I find it scary, but the experts say the more you do them, the easier it is. Thanks, too, for the list of sites that can advertise for you.

• Communication and Personal Coach
Jenny Davidow
    Posted by Jenny Davidow, Seattle, Washington | Apr 06, 2012

Elisabeth, Thank you for this great article--you've really motivated me to take the next step! I've wanted to start doing webinars or teleseminars for a long time, but now I'm ready. Thanks for the links too. My ebook is about to be released and this is a great way to get the word out.

• Online Marketing Consultant & Copywriter
Richmond, Virginia
Elisabeth Kuhn
    Posted by Elisabeth Kuhn, Richmond, Virginia | Apr 06, 2012

Hi Artie,

thanks for your feedback. Currently I'm mostly offering the set-up and promotion to my clients as a done-for-you service. I also offer coaching. And I AM working on a step-by-step guide.

Meanwhile, I do have a free guide that may be helpful: http://www.teleseminarbucks.com

I'll let you know when I have additional materials ready.

in fact, I think I might offer this as a hands-on course with a coaching component :)

Thanks again.

Elisabeth

P.S.: Let me know if you have questions...

• Online Marketing Consultant & Copywriter
Richmond, Virginia
Elisabeth Kuhn
    Posted by Elisabeth Kuhn, Richmond, Virginia | Apr 06, 2012

Hi Nancy,

yes, it's a bit scary at the beginning, but it's so worth it! Good luck with it. And let me know if I can help.

Also, I'll be glad to let you know when i have those training materials I mentioned in my previoius reply available and ready to go.

And of course, you're welcome to the free report I mentioned above :)

Wishing you much success,

Elisabeth

• Online Marketing Consultant & Copywriter
Richmond, Virginia
Elisabeth Kuhn
    Posted by Elisabeth Kuhn, Richmond, Virginia | Apr 07, 2012

Hi Jenny,

thanks for your kind words. I'm so glad it was helpful.

You're right. With your new book coming out, this is a perfect time to start with teleseminars! Especially since you'll always be able to add that "Author of..." line ;-)

Good luck and much success!

Elisabeth

• Business and Personal Coaching for Extraordinary Women
Davenport, Iowa
Sharon Larson
    Posted by Sharon Larson, Davenport, Iowa | Jun 01, 2012

With my TeleSeminar starting in just a few days, I found this a refreshing little pep talk before lead it again. You're right! It's a great for people to get to know who I am and how I can help them.

Thanks for the extra kick in my step!