Seattle Community

Posted by Andrew Lippert, Seattle, Washington | Oct 22, 2010

Subscribe to Biznik Site Development Post your bug reports here - 2010 & 2011

Please post any bug reports in here. We will respond within this topic so people can keep updated on the status of various bugs.

Closed_info

46 Bizniks have posted replies

« Previous 1 2 Next »
  • Coworking, Office Space and Meeting Rooms / Strategic and Business Planning Consultant 
Issaquah, Washington 
Richard Gabel
    Posted by Richard Gabel, Issaquah, Washington | Nov 04, 2010

On my profile page, a past event shows up as an upcoming event and a future event is not shown. On my events tab, it is correctly shown as a past event and an upcoming event is correctly posted.

• CTO - Chief Technology Officer At Large 
Seattle, Washington 
Andrew Lippert
    Posted by Andrew Lippert, Seattle, Washington | Nov 04, 2010

Richard,

Looks like the cache didn't get properly cleared for you. I've manually deleted the offending file. All should be good now.

• Computer Repair Technician 
Kent, Washington 
Andrey Rozmaity
    Posted by Andrey Rozmaity, Kent, Washington | Nov 24, 2010

This might be a bug...

My event drafts (which I can't erase) are counting toward the events I've hosted in "Your activity stats." The event host badge has the correct # of events hosted.

Seattle, Washington 
Andrew Lippert
    Posted by Andrew Lippert, Seattle, Washington | Nov 24, 2010

Andrey,

Excellent catch. I've updated the stats counter to properly reflect actual events hosted. Note, the counts may still differ as the statistics box is counting all the events you host, now and in the future, regardless of whether they are selected for the Biznik calendar. The Event Host badge only counts those events that are published to the main Biznik calendar and produce a minimum of 3 attendees.

• Computer Repair Technician 
Kent, Washington 
Andrey Rozmaity
    Posted by Andrey Rozmaity, Kent, Washington | Nov 26, 2010

Heheh... I don't think any of my events made it to the main Biznik calendar.

• Communication Coaching, Classes & Consulting 
Portland, Oregon 
Karen Mathieson
    Posted by Karen Mathieson, Portland, Oregon | Nov 27, 2010

On my profile page the posting date, views count and comment record of the most recent article do not update themselves to match the content of the the profile article tab.

Thanks for taking a look! -- Karen

• Illustrator 
Poulsbo, Washington 
Kathryn Ault Noble
    Posted by Kathryn Ault Noble, Poulsbo, Washington | Jan 12, 2011

Just starting to set up my profile and keep getting an error message on the photo upload. Tried both jpg and png, both under 200 pixels.

Seattle, Washington 
Andrew Lippert
    Posted by Andrew Lippert, Seattle, Washington | Jan 12, 2011

Kathryn,

My apologies for the inconvenience. I've restarted our server in an effort to clear the issue you are experiencing. Can you please give it another try?

Thank you for your patience.

• QuickBooks Training & Help, Quicken Classes (PC/Mac), POS, Problems Solved, Training, Set up, Consulting, 1on1, In-Person, Tutoring, Instruction, Private Lessons, Seminars, Classes & Financial Records Check Up & Bookkeeping & Accounting Consultation 
Seattle, Washington 
Keith  Gormezano
    Posted by Keith Gormezano, Seattle, Washington | Jan 12, 2011

How do we see which members have viewed our page? This is used to be part of the service but I can't find it on my profile tabs.

Portland, Oregon 
Karen Mathieson
    Posted by Karen Mathieson, Portland, Oregon | Jan 12, 2011

Hi Keith,

This is one a decidedly non-techie Biznik can help you with: If you scroll down your profile, you'll find the visitor tally in the right sidebar near the bottom. At least, that's where it is on mine!

Cheers, Karen

• Illustrator 
Poulsbo, Washington 
Kathryn Ault Noble
    Posted by Kathryn Ault Noble, Poulsbo, Washington | Jan 13, 2011

Picture uploaded just fine, thanks!

• Chief Executive Officer 
Federal Way, Washington 
Richard Whitaker
    Posted by Richard Whitaker, Federal Way, Washington | Jan 13, 2011

So far everything has worked great. The only problem I ever have is when I access through my netbook.

• Storyteller 
Seattle, Washington 
Christian Jacobsen
    Posted by Christian Jacobsen, Seattle, Washington | May 20, 2011

Just ran into an odd editing bug.

When editing any information on your profile, only the RIGHT arrow key works in the text fields! On all the other text fields on Biznik, I can use the arrow keys to move the insertion point anywhere I want. But when editing my profile, only the right arrow key works.

(2011 MacBook Pro, Mac OS 10.6.7, using either the latest Firefox or Chrome.)

Seattle, Washington 
Andrew Lippert
    Posted by Andrew Lippert, Seattle, Washington | May 21, 2011

Now that is a strange one. Thanks Christian. I'll see if I can figure out what is going on.

• Storyteller 
Seattle, Washington 
Christian Jacobsen
    Posted by Christian Jacobsen, Seattle, Washington | May 25, 2011

Got another one for you... the cropping tool on the "Make your Biznik badge" page isn't working.

I click Edit, adjust the cropping, click Update, and the photo doesn't update. I tried refreshing the page, as well.

(PS on the other arrow-key bug... something about those text boxes "feels" different than the text boxes on other pages - like the one I am typing into now. The font is slightly different, or something. So maybe it is using an older version of the text-box code, or something like that? Anyway....)

Seattle, Washington 
Andrew Lippert
    Posted by Andrew Lippert, Seattle, Washington | May 25, 2011

Try the cropper now. There is some sort of png file setting coming out of older versions of PhotoShop that our image processing library does not like. I've replaced your photo with a jpeg version and everything works as expected.

• Storyteller 
Seattle, Washington 
Christian Jacobsen
    Posted by Christian Jacobsen, Seattle, Washington | May 25, 2011

The cropper works perfectly now, and I ordered my badge. Thank you!

• Attorney | Business Executive  
Henderson, Nevada 
Larry McCullough
    Posted by Larry McCullough, Henderson, Nevada | Jun 14, 2011

I tried unsuccessfully to update my "website" link info. I also tried deleting it. Neither approach worked.

I want to replace my info as follows: .

Can you help?

Seattle, Washington 
Andrew Lippert
    Posted by Andrew Lippert, Seattle, Washington | Jun 14, 2011

Larry,

I removed the link from your profile. Please try and add the replacement when you have a minute and let me know if you encounter any further problems. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Portland, Oregon 
Karen Mathieson
    Posted by Karen Mathieson, Portland, Oregon | Jul 29, 2011

Thing One: The list of my published articles is not showing on my public profile. I didn't realize that was happening until today because the article list does show up when I'm logged on.

Thing Two: Today I tried numerous times to change some wording in an article published yesterday. When I click "update" the editor said it had been done, but the changes don't seem to be registering. (Yes, I refreshed my browser every time, and also checked with a second browser.)

Dr. Seuss, please help me with Thing One and Thing Two!

~Karen

Seattle, Washington 
Andrew Lippert
    Posted by Andrew Lippert, Seattle, Washington | Jul 29, 2011

Karen,

Please check your article list on your profile. Everything should be up to snuff now.

You are the second person to report issues with Article editing/creation today. I just tested and did not encounter problems. Can you please try one more time and let me know if you successfully edit your article?

Thank you for your contributions to the Biznik community!

Portland, Oregon 
Karen Mathieson
    Posted by Karen Mathieson, Portland, Oregon | Jul 30, 2011

Thanks, Andrew. It's one down, one to go: The articles now appear on my profile, but I am still unable to update the new article.

Good luck with the juju needed to fix that one!

~Karen

Portland, Oregon 
Karen Mathieson
    Posted by Karen Mathieson, Portland, Oregon | Aug 12, 2011

Here I am with another Friday afternoon emergency. Sorry, Andrew!

Just now I tried to update the content of the short bio profile that appears with all published articles. I deleted the previous copy, but wasn't allowed to put in a replacement. So, I logged off, closed my browser, waited a bit and tried again. Still no go. Biznik says I've reached my limit of 250 characters, even though nary a one now shows.

Sigh. Can you help me with this identify crisis?

(Oh, and by the way, after numerous more tries, I've just given up trying to fix the previous listed problem of being unable to update article text itself. I'm beginning to think somebody in Digital Hades has my name on a list.)

~Karen

Portland, Oregon 
Karen Mathieson
    Posted by Karen Mathieson, Portland, Oregon | Aug 16, 2011

Thanks for the private "fix" suggestion, Andrew. Rather than trying an individual article bio "edit" box, I was able to insert the new bio info at the bottom of my profile page. That now shows on all my articles, which was what I was actually after.

(Note for fellow Biznik members: The globally inserted mini-bio with link capacity is a feature of ProVIP membershp, so unless you wear a little gold star, please don't let me send you scrolling down your profile page to find the edit box!)

~Karen

• QuickBooks Training & Help, Quicken Classes (PC/Mac), POS, Problems Solved, Training, Set up, Consulting, 1on1, In-Person, Tutoring, Instruction, Private Lessons, Seminars, Classes & Financial Records Check Up & Bookkeeping & Accounting Consultation 
Seattle, Washington 
Keith  Gormezano
    Posted by Keith Gormezano, Seattle, Washington | Aug 16, 2011

How do we stop receiving e-mails when someone posts a reply?

« Previous 1 2 Next »