Here We Are Now, Entertain Us: A Biznik Talent Show and Mosaic Re-Design Fundraiser - The Sequel http://EntertainUs.notlong.com
To be considered to perform at this event, please submit 1-2 songs or video performance pieces to Kate at email@example.com, with “Talent Show Audition” in subject line. Also a short bio and/or website/ MySpace music page is requested. Deadline for submission is Wednesday, May 26th, midnight PST.
No submissions will be accepted after May 26th. A committee will review submissions. Performer line up will be announced June 1st.
All kinds of talent are welcome: Music, dance, comedy, etc, provided that it is appropriate for the venue space and available equipment.
1. Performance must accommodate our modest space, equipment, and time frame. Performance time is limited to 8-9 minutes max including set-up in order to allow for up to 8 performers, so acts requiring a lot of set-up time such as full bands or high-wire acts ;-) will be difficult to accommodate.
2. Talent and entertainment value. This will be subjectively determined by a small selection committee.
3. Community (Biznik) involvement. If the competition for the few spaces becomes fierce, priority will be given to the Biznik indie musicians and performers already in our midst, rather than musicians and performers joining Biznik just for the talent show. If you're not a Biznik member... you are encouraged to join up now and apply. (And regarding community involvement, it might not hurt your chances if you volunteer as our soundperson, either! ;-)
4. Variety. We're looking for a variety of performers, not 8 singer-songwriters-guitarists.
5. Anti-Diva Attitude. We're all volunteers for a good cause here, this is not the Grammy selection committee. I.e., low-maintenance and fun are in, contract riders, special requests, and inability to follow instructions are out! This event will be like an open mic with pre-selected participants. In other words, no sound checks or rehearsals, it's a go-with-the-flow event.
All performers who have a CD or other "product" will be asked to donate 1 or 2 cd's for the raffle. As far as we know, you will also be free to sell your cd's at the event... we'll double check that!
All performers will also be asked to promote this event through their Biznik networks, social media and email.
All performers will be listed by name and website on the main event page after June 1st.
The event will be held in the "main" room, not the Den, fyi.
The sound system is simple but adequate for most musical configurations; we’ll have three microphones available and additional plug-ins for guitars or ?. We don’t have wireless mics. Mosaic has an acoustic piano, and an electric piano may also be available (especially if piano is out of tune!)
Performers with recorded music (such as dancers) would be wise to bring their own boom box, though we will strive to have a way to put the music through the main system.
We anticipate there is WAY more talent than we can accommodate in one talent show, but we anticipate there will be future events that can utilize and integrate Biznik’s artists, performers and musicians. Members of the Biznik’s Seattle Musicians and Performers group were all contacted immediately, so please join this group if you want to receive announcements from Kate about future events, open mics, and similar opportunities. To go to "main" page of group: http://biznik.com/groups/seattle-musicians-and-performers
Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 206-601-0321. Please contact me directly and not through this message board!