Coworking, Office Space and Meeting Rooms / Strategic and Business Planning Consultant
Meadow Creek Business Center/The White Board
22525 SE 64th Place, Suite 200
Issaquah, Washington 98027
What Richard does
Meadow Creek Consulting helps businesses grow. We provide consulting and coaching services in the areas of:
- Strategic Planning and Business Planning
- Marketing Plans and Guerrilla Marketing Campaigns
- Virtual Marketing Department
We can develop a solid roadmap for your business. Our staff can provide the arms and legs to get the job done if you do not have sufficient staff or want to keep the project confidential.
Through our ownership of the Meadow Creek Business Center and The White Board we can also offer:
- Virtual Offices and Mailboxes
- Phone Lines and Answering Services
- Private Offices, Hourly Offices and Meeting Rooms
Startups will find virtual offices to be an economical way to project a professional presence. Other businesses large and small will appreciate having a convenient location to conduct business.
I help businesses grow by providing guidance and sharing my experience from:
- Planning and executing successful business turnarounds for 10 years
- Running 6 businesses as large as $50 million in sales
- Starting 4 businesses creating in excess of $60 million in combined revenues
- Running marketing for a $100 million high tech business doubling market share while increasing margins
- Running business development for a $1 billion business
I can translate your dreams and passions into a strategy and plan. I can make it happen with a marketing plan that goes beyond a website and social media.
- Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia
- Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania
- Lean Enterprise Design Systems Institute at the University of Tennessee
- Center for Creative Leadership
- Lehigh University - BS in Marketing
- Boston University - MBA in Finance, cum laude
I have extensive experience in strategically reengineering businesses with outdated business models and implementing recovery plans that have created growth and profitability.
- Doubled market share of an automation business in 18 mos. delivering record margins with lower risk.
- Used the installed base of a business to build a service business that grew to $25 million in 3 years.
- Created a std. products business in a custom market that achieved $10 million in revenue in 2 years.
- Turned a failing business into a profitable growth engine by out-sourcing product.
- Increased the market window by 50% through brand label relationships with Asian suppliers.
- Worked with Michael Porter/Monitor Group as the subject matter expert in an enterprise wide strategic planning initiative.
- Provided counsel to C-level executives as a senior manager in finance, business development and strategic planning.
Having run five businesses and starting three through my career, I'm extremely sensitive to the realities of implementing change within an organization, the risk involved and the need to produce results. In my consulting practice, I marry the real world experience with the new vision to create high value strategies for my clients.
Meadow Creek Consulting Core Beliefs:
Through my experience in transforming businesses in distress, I have developed some core beliefs on managing dramatic change:
- Incumbent management usually knows what has to be done
- Incumbant management wants external validation and support prior to taking action.
- You cannot evolve incrementally out of disaster
- Revolutionary action or a sea change approach tempered by pragmatism is required.
- There are always parts of a business that are working and they need to be protected
- Conventional wisdom and sacred cows die hard
- Consensus is not a replacement for leadership, leaders need to empower the people that "get it"
- Solutions don't have to be complicated
- The back to basics approach will be 90% of the solution.
- Small successes lead to larger successes and good people thrive on success.
Humerlis Industry experience:
- Factory automation
- Variable Frequency Drive
- Semiconductor Capital Equip.
- Automotive & Truck
- Material Handling
- Defense Electronics
- Recreation Equip & Services
- Home Improvement
- Startups of many varieties